Borrowing Policies / Materials Policies / Internet and Computer use Policy
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF
1. One PERSON per computer with the exception of parents helping children with homework or persons filing for unemployment.
2. Thirty Minute limit if people are waiting.
3. You MAY NOT DOWNLOAD anything to the computer systems. If you wish to download anything, then it must be to your own disk. Please make sure your disk has no viruses.
4. No games that require two people to play from separate computers. An example of this is the pool game in Yahoo.
5. All copies that have any color will be $0.25 per copy, all copies that are only black and white are $0.20 per copy.
6. You are to pay for all copies made, regardless if you meant to make all of the copies-you are responsible for a wrong button that gets pushed and makes unwanted copies. BE careful not to make copies that you do not wish to have. Ask if in doubt of which printer to use.
7. There are NO IOU’s-you must pay to receive the copies or they will remain with the librarian.
8. PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE for copies made by children even if it was done accidentally .
9. Children under 13 must have a parent/legal guardian present to use computers. Do NOT DROP CHILDREN OFF.
ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD OR
DRINKS IN THE LIBRARY!
Borrowing Services and Policies
Books: Adult Fiction, Inspirational, Non-Fiction, Biographies, Books on Tape, Young Adult, and Juvenile Picture Books
Videos and DVDs: Adult and Juvenile
Most items check out for 14 days, while movies and DVDs check out for 7 days. Most items may only be renewed once.
Pre-overdue notices will be emailed to patrons with valid email accounts three (3) days prior to the due date.
Overdue fines for all materials will be calculated at $0.25 per day, per item. A $10.00 per item nonrefundable processing fee will be charged for lost items in addition to item replacement costs and any applicable collection fees. The library will no longer issue refunds for lost items that have been paid for and later returned. Fines may not exceed $10.00 to check out.
Patrons with current email addresses will receive the following email notices: 3 days prior to due date; the day item is due; 14 days after item is due; 28 days after item is due.
There are computers, a fax machine and copier available for use.
There is a book-drop in front of the library or you may return books to the desk during open hours.
For home-bound or handicap patrons, home delivery is available if you call ahead.
Excluding Reference, local history materials, or materials deemed too fragile for circulation, the Linden Carnegie Public Library circulates books, audios and periodicals for two weeks. Video materials circulate for one week. Materials may be renewed twice unless there is a reserve pending. Fines and overdue materials are reviewed weekly. The library is to be reimbursed for damage or loss of materials. Patrons must maintain good standing for continued circulation of materials. Libraries serving reciprocal borrowers may request information about patron’s standing. The library will inquire about a potential reciprocal borrower before issuing a card for the Linden Carnegie Public Library. Proof of residency is required. A book return box is available when the library is closed.
INTERNET AND COMPUTER USE POLICY (REVIEWED January 26, 2015)
The Linden Carnegie Public Library offers public access to the Internet, allowing patrons to obtain worldwide information. Patrons agree to hold the Linden Carnegie Public Library harmless and indemnify the Library for any damages incurred. Any use of the Library’s equipment must conform to acceptable use policies of other institutions and networks, as well as local rules. Failure to follow the rules will result in the loss of the privilege to use the Library’s equipment. Patrons under the age of 18 must have a signed permission slip on file at the Library. Parents or guardians of minors will be notified of any incident of prohibited behavior by their child.
The use of the Internet and computers is a privilege and access is conditioned upon the user’s compliance with the Internet Use Policy and with the continued availability of the Internet. Inappropriate use, as determined by the library will result in immediate cessation and or disciplinary action. Inappropriate use includes, but is not limited to:
1. Accessing, uploading, downloading, or distributing pornographic, obscene, or sexually explicit material, or any other material deemed inappropriate by the library staff.
2. Transmitting, or using obscene, abusive, or sexually explicit or inappropriate language.
3. Violating any local, state, or federal statute.
4. Vandalizing, damaging or disabling the property of another person, or group.
5. Accessing another person’s material information, or files without the implied, or direct permission of that person.
6. Violating copyright, or in any way using another person’s intellectual property without prior approval, or proper citation.
7. Representing oneself as someone else.
8. Violating, or circumventing security measures of any Internet source.
9. Disrupting other users.
10. Failing to relinquish access on time, or when asked to do so by the library staff.
11. Staff members reserve the right to terminate any session for any reason deemed necessary.
12. Children under 13 must have a parent or guardian with them at all times.
Sessions will be limited to 30 minutes and may be extended if no one is waiting. Educational purposes take precedence over email, etc.
INTERNET AND COMPUTER US POLICY
AGREEMENT AND REGISTRATION
Please choose, circle and sign the appropriate option.
For person 18 and over:
I acknowledge that I have read, understand and will comply with the Linden Carnegie Public Library Internet and Computer Use Policy.
Signature __________________________________________ Date____________________
Printed Name: _______________________________________
(Library Employee Initial and Date) ________
For person under 18:
As parent/guardian, I am requesting permission for the minor named below to have access to the Internet at the Linden Carnegie Public Library. Further, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and will comply with the Linden Carnegie Public Library Internet and Computer Use Policy.
Option 3 AGES 12 and under
Because my child is under 13, as parent/guardian, I am requesting permission for the minor named below to have parental monitored access to the Internet. I will assist my child in accessing the internet.
Child’s Name (please print)